Re: PGS Tuning Wizard destroys my login

От Scott Mead
Тема Re: PGS Tuning Wizard destroys my login
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 7:50 AM, Jennifer Trey <jennifer.trey@gmail.com> wrote:

The service did not report an error.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3534

Not sure what is going on. Server refuses to start it seems. Please help me debug this problem :)

  My first guess as to why this is happening:

     If you've been manually placing the config files, it probably means that the windows user who is logging on and running the postgres service does not have permission to read the postgresql.conf file.  Try to set the permissions of that file to the same as the other files in the directory before trying to start the service.

--Scott

Sincerely / Jen

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Jennifer Trey <jennifer.trey@gmail.com> wrote:
> Look, I am telling now what I did.
>
> I don't want to hear claims about how its not the tuning wizards fault. It
> is!
>
> And it does more than the postgresql.conf because thats not true.

I'm sorry to hear you think I'm being untruthful. The source code for
the tuning wizard is at

Сообщение: Re: PGS Tuning Wizard destroys my login
Сообщение: Re: PGS Tuning Wizard destroys my login