Re: What must be installed on client for ODBC connection

От Andrew Gould
Тема Re: What must be installed on client for ODBC connection
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Bill Todd <pg@dbginc.com> wrote:
Do  I have to install anything in addition to the ODBC driver on my PC in order to connect to a PostgreSQL server on another PC on my network?

Bill

That depends on your goals.

You can use database products such as MS Access, Crystal Report Writer or Paradox to access the PostgreSQL server via ODBC.  I think Kexi, Rekall and OpenOffice's Base can also do this.  You will need to define data sources, which are ODBC configurations to different databases on the server.  These applications will allow you to perform queries, write reports or create database front-end applications.

I think most of the common scripting languages have mechanisms by which you can access database servers via ODBC.  This is one way that PHP web programs manage data, for example.

What are you trying to do?

Sincerely,

Andrew