Re: Remote Connection

От Andrew Gould
Тема Re: Remote Connection
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Bob Pawley <rjpawley@shaw.ca> wrote:
Hi

I've been operating on localhost successfully for some time.

I am now attempting to access a Postgresql 8.3 database installed on one of my other computers conneted through a router.

Is this possible?

My first attempts have been with Postgresql Admin.

I changed host to the IP address of the computer and input the other info.

I also ran - listen virtual; on the receiving server.

It hasn't connected successfully. I get the message 'Server not listening'

What else can I do??

Bob

  1.  Configure pg_hba.conf to allow access from your network, internet, etc, as appropriate.
  2.  If you're accessing the database from outside of your network, across a NAT, ensure that your router forwards port 5432 to your database server.
  3.  Ensure that port 5432 is not blocked by your firewalls.

Best of luck,

Andrew