Re: Does psql use nested transactions?

От Haroldo Stenger
Тема Re: Does psql use nested transactions?
Дата
Re: Does psql use nested transactions?  (Alvaro Herrera Munoz <alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Tom

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:47:35 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> The other objection is that this would create very substantial overhead.

why?

> It might be reasonable to offer that behavior as an option, but I think
> I'd only want it on for interactive input.

How could the server tell interactive input from scripted intput
without an explicit setting meant to do it?  Is ther already any
conciousness on the server part about who is talking to it?

Other than performance issues, I don't see why this is more dangerous
than any other settings.

Regards
Haroldo

--