Re: DROP COLLATION vs pg_collation question

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: DROP COLLATION vs pg_collation question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2024-06-11 at 23:15 +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> maybe a naive question but I was unable to find an answer in
> the fine manual (sv_SE being an example)
>
> Does running
>
>     DROP COLLATION IF EXISTS pg_catalog."sv_SE"
>
> also remove the corresponding row from pg_collation (assuming
> nothing depends on collation sv_SE) ?
>
> Experimentation seems to hint that way but I was unable to
> confirm.

Yes, that will delete a row from "pg_collation".  System catalogs
like "pg_collation" is where the database metadata are actually
stored.

Note that with DROP COLLATION you can only remove collations
that belong to the encoding of your current database.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe