Re: pgaudit and create postgis extension logs a lot inserts

От David Steele
Тема Re: pgaudit and create postgis extension logs a lot inserts
Дата
SV: pgaudit and create postgis extension logs a lot inserts
Список pgsql-performance
On 1/19/18 6:05 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 6:54 PM, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com
> <mailto:mail@joeconway.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 01/18/2018 04:12 AM, Svensson Peter wrote:
>     > When I then install  postgis extension in a database it writes a huge
>     > amount of logs which slow down the server a lot.
>     > Not only table creation and functions are logged,  even  all inserts in
>     > spatial_ref_sys are written to the audit-log.
>     >
>     > LOG:  AUDIT: SESSION,1,1,DDL,CREATE FUNCTION,,,"
>     > ......
>     > INSERT INTO ""spatial_ref_sys"" (""srid"",""auth_name"
>     > ....
>     >
>     > This behaviour make pgaudit useless in our environment due to the
>     > overhead in log-file write.
>
>     How often do you intend to install PostGIS? Disable pgaudit, install
>     PostGIS, enable pgaudit?
>

> Would it make sense for pgaudit to, at least by option, not include DDL
> statements that are generated as "sub-parts" of a CREATE EXTENSION? It
> should still log the CREATE EXTENSION of course, but not necessarily all
> the contents of it, since that's actually defined in the extension
> itself already?
That's doable, but I think it could be abused if it was always on and
installing extensions is generally not a daily activity.

It seems in this case the best action is to disable pgaudit before
installing postgis or install postgis first.

Regards,
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

От: Karen Stone
Сообщение: RE: pgaudit and create postgis extension logs a lot inserts
От: David Steele
Сообщение: Re: pgaudit and create postgis extension logs a lot inserts