Re: [HACKERS] Re: ICU collation variant keywords and pg_collationentries (Was: [BUGS] Crash report for some ICU-52 (debian8) COLLATE andwork_mem values)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: ICU collation variant keywords and pg_collationentries (Was: [BUGS] Crash report for some ICU-52 (debian8) COLLATE andwork_mem values)
Дата
Ответ на Re: [HACKERS] Re: ICU collation variant keywords and pg_collationentries (Was: [BUGS] Crash report for some ICU-52 (debian8) COLLATE andwork_mem values)  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
Ответы Re: [HACKERS] Re: ICU collation variant keywords and pg_collationentries (Was: [BUGS] Crash report for some ICU-52 (debian8) COLLATE andwork_mem values)  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
Re: [HACKERS] Re: ICU collation variant keywords and pg_collation entries (Was: [BUGS] Crash report for some ICU-52 (debian8) COLLATEand work_mem values)  ("Daniel Verite" <daniel@manitou-mail.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/19/17 19:15, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
>> I think you're contending that, as formulated, this is not a valid v10 open
>> item.  Are you?
>
> As the person that came up with this formulation, I'd like to give a
> quick summary of my current understanding of the item's status:
>
> * We're in agreement that we ought to have initdb create initial
>   collations based on ICU locales, not based on distinct ICU
>   collations [1].
>
> * We're in agreement that variant keywords should not be
>   created for each base locale/collation [2].
>
> Once these two changes are made, I think that everything will be in good
> shape as far as pg_collation name stability goes. It shouldn't take
> Peter E. long to write the patch. I'm happy to write the patch on his
> behalf if that saves time.
>
> We're also going to work on the documentation, to make keyword variants
> like -emoji and -traditional at least somewhat discoverable, and to
> explain the capabilities of custom ICU collations more generally.

Here are my patches to address this.