Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017/09/15 10:55, David Rowley wrote:
> On 21 August 2017 at 18:37, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> I've been working on implementing a way to perform plan-time
>> partition-pruning that is hopefully faster than the current method of
>> using constraint exclusion to prune each of the potentially many
>> partitions one-by-one.  It's not fully cooked yet though.
>
> I'm interested in seeing improvements in this area, so I've put my
> name down to review this.

Great, thanks!

I will post rebased patches later today, although I think the overall
design of the patch on the planner side of things is not quite there yet.
Of course, your and others' feedback is greatly welcome.

Also, I must inform to all of those who're looking at this thread that I
won't be able to respond to emails from tomorrow (9/16, Sat) until 9/23,
Sat, due to some personal business.

Thanks,
Amit