Re: BUG #15646: Inconsistent behavior for current_setting/set_config

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: BUG #15646: Inconsistent behavior for current_setting/set_config
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2/20/19 11:10 AM, PG Bug reporting form wrote:

> Bug reference:      15646
> Logged by:          Eugen Konkov
> Email address:      kes-kes@yandex.ru
> PostgreSQL version: 10.4
> Operating system:   (Debian 10.4-2.pgdg90+1)
>
> Hi.
>
> [documentation](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/functions-admin.html#FUNCTIONS-ADMIN-SET)
> describes that:
>
>>set_config sets the parameter setting_name to new_value. If is_local is
> true, the new value will only apply to the current transaction.
>
> Thus if I rollback transaction original value should be available.
>
> But current behavior returns empty string instead of NULL (the initial
> value) after transaction is rolled back. When I restart session, NULL is
> returned again as it is expected.

This has been discussed before and dismissed:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/56842412.5000005%40joeconway.com

Personally I agree it is a bug, but I am not sure you will get much
support for that position.

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com