Re: GiST operator class for bool

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: GiST operator class for bool
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 11/7/21 17:44, Tom Lane wrote:
> Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> Pushed, after adding some simple EXPLAIN to the regression test.
>
> skink is reporting that this has some valgrind issues [1].
> I suspect sloppy conversion between bool and Datum, but
> didn't go looking.

It's actually a bit worse than that :-( The opclass is somewhat confused
about the type it should use for storage. The gbtree_ninfo struct says
it's using gbtreekey4, the SQL script claims the params are gbtreekey8,
and it should actually use gbtreekey2. Sorry for not noticing that.

The attached patch fixes the valgrind error for me.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company