Re: Parallel Query should be a top priority

От Qingqing Zhou
Тема Re: Parallel Query should be a top priority
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Mike Mascari" <mascarm@mascari.com> writes
> "Consider parallel processing a single query" should be moved out from
> under Miscellaneous on the TODO list and re-categorized as the formerly
> existent URGENT feature...

Yes, inter/inner-operation of PQO could be an obvious winner in some
situations. For example, in a rather idle multi-processor machine, run a
complex query could get times of acceleration.

However, in some other cases, like in a quite busy machine, inter-query
parallel mechanism is already good enough, esp. for the system like PG using
MVCC concurrency control. I remember there was someone working on the
parallel scan idea of PG, I believe that's more realistic and benefitial
than the implementation of the full set of PQO.

Regards,
Qingqing