Re: RFD: comp.databases.postgresql.general

От Gary L. Burnore
Тема Re: RFD: comp.databases.postgresql.general
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 21:16:05 GMT, Stephan Szabo <sszabo@bigpanda.com>
wrote:

>Gary L. Burnore <gburnore@databasix.com> wrote:
>>On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 19:26:42 GMT, Stephan Szabo <sszabo@bigpanda.com>
>>wrote:

>>>I personally haven't seen too much discussion on this subject on the mailing
>>>list proper, either (perhaps because the weekend traffic tends to be low) so
>>>I think it's too early to be saying things like "many of us" speaking for the
>>>mailing list.
>>>
>>>Besides which, AFAICT the mailing list gateway is not one-sided given that
>>>I seem to be able to post to my usenet server giving my subscribed email
>>>address and have it show up on the mailing list.
>>

>>The groups aren't listed as moderated. Anyone who wants to post is
>>able to. Those not on the mailing list don't go through.  That's the
>>problem.
>
>As far as I know, they do go through after moderation currently.
>
>As for "the problem," I can't figure out if you are speaking about the
>current state or the proposal.  If the former, given that the current
>state is AFAIK that the groups have no status at all, I can't see how
>not being listed as moderated has any effect.

User makes a comment in USENet. Post gets seen on usenet servers
around the world.  Moderator chooses not to approve.  Post remains in
USENet, not in email list.  Later, someone replies to usenet post.
Moderator accepts.  Now people on list see that they didn't get to see
the post being replied to.

If the groups are moderated, the moderator gets _ALL_ posts before
they appear in the group.

--
gburnore@databasix dot com
                  How you look depends on where you go.
                                      |  ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
DataBasix                             |  ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
                                      |  ÝÛ³ 3 4 1 4 2  ݳ޳ 6 9 0 6 9 ÝÛ³
Black Helicopter Repair Svcs Division |     Official Proof of Purchase
      Want one?  GET one!   http://signup.databasix.com

От: "Gary L. Burnore"
Сообщение: Re: ALERT This mailing list may be voted into a
От: "Gary L. Burnore"
Сообщение: Re: I spoke with Marc from the postgresql mailing list.