Re: Important Info on comp.databases.postgresql.general

От joseph_daniel_zukiger@yahoo.com (Joseph Daniel Zukiger)
Тема Re: Important Info on comp.databases.postgresql.general
Дата
Список pgsql-general
pvaurio@solaris.polarhome.com wrote in message news:<1100045294.247165.11750@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>...
> The lists are not bogus and your suggestion is not acceptable. Many of
> the list subscribers have no connection to Usenet. They will be mailed
> the ballots, regardless of what you or anyone else say. They are the
> people who will be directly affected by this.
>
> Mr. Pauli Vaurio

Pauli --

"Bogus" is being used here in a technical sense. It is not a judgement
of value.

The groups in question have not conformed to certain rules/customs. In
that sense, their names are "bogus" -- not official, conforming use of
the namespaces the usenet organization has reserved.

The fact that these groups apparently have the most right to the names
in question is a big point in their favor, but the group maintainer
did not go through the customary processes in reserving the names and
requesting listing. So they are not official, thus they are "bogus".

It looks like I'm may have to finally subscribe through my isp and
learn how to configure a newsreader in order to vote in favor, instead
of posting through google all the time. That should speed my access to
usenet up quite a bit. Oh, well.

JouDanZuki