Migration from INFORMIX to POSTGRESQL

От Atif Jung
Тема Migration from INFORMIX to POSTGRESQL
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,

I've recently started on a project whereby we are migrating our INFORMIX 9.2 database to POSTGRES 8.4.2. We are using ESQL (Embedded SQL) in a C language environment running on AIX 6.1. I have a question regarding the following problem.

The INFORMIX code reads as follows, please note that acHostFormat has already been set prior to the call below:

EXEC SQL DECLARE cursName CURSOR FOR
SELECT code, priority INTO :acCode, :acPriority
FROM name_link
WHERE :acHostFormat MATCHES pattern
ORDER BY priority;

Now I am aware that POSTGRES does not have the MATCHES clause but uses the IN clause instead. My POSTGRES version looks like:

EXEC SQL DECLARE cursName CURSOR FOR
SELECT code, priority INTO :acCode, :acPriority
FROM name_link
WHERE :acHostFormat IN pattern
ORDER BY priority;

The problem I'm having is that on compilation I get the following error:

ERROR: syntax error at or near "pattern".

The pattern column in table name_link has entries like:

" I[0-Z] [0-Z] [0-Z] [0-9] "

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Atif