Re: replication primary writting infinite number of WAL files

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: replication primary writting infinite number of WAL files
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2023-11-24 at 12:39 +0100, Les wrote:
> Under normal circumstances, the number of write operations is relatively low, with an
> average of 4-5 MB/sec total write speed on the disk associated with the data directory.
> Yesterday, the primary server suddenly started writing to the pg_wal directory at a
> crazy pace, 1.5GB/sec, but sometimes it went up to over 3GB/sec.
> [...]
> Upon further analysis of the database, we found that we did not see any mass data
> changes in any of the tables. The only exception is a sequence value that was moved
> millions of steps within a single minute.

That looks like some application went crazy and inserted millions of rows, but the
inserts were rolled back.  But it is hard to be certain with the clues given.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: Odd Shortcut behaviour in PG14
Сообщение: Re: Odd Shortcut behaviour in PG14