Re: logfmt and application_context

От Étienne BERSAC
Тема Re: logfmt and application_context
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the feedback.

Le mardi 05 septembre 2023 à 11:35 +0200, Daniel Gustafsson a écrit :
> > On 30 Aug 2023, at 14:36, Étienne BERSAC <etienne.bersac@dalibo.com> wrote:
>
> > ..what do you think of having logfmt output along json and CSV ?
>
> Less ideal is
> that there is no official formal definition of what logfmt is [...]  If we add
> support for it, can we reasonably expect that what we emit is what consumers of
> it assume it will look like?

I didn't know logfmt had variation. Do you have a case of
incompatibility ?

Anyway, I think that logfmt will be better handled inside Postgres
rather than in an extension due to limitation in syslogger
extendability. I could send a patch if more people are interested in
this.

What do you think about application_context as a way to render e.g. a
web request UUID to all backend log messages ?

Regards,
Étienne