Re: should we enable log_checkpoints out of the box?

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: should we enable log_checkpoints out of the box?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2021/11/05 0:04, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 10:59 AM Bharath Rupireddy
> <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:
>> With log_checkpoints=on, the "./initdb -D data" generates few
>> checkpoints logs [1]. I hope this is okay as it's a one-time thing per
>> database cluster. Thoughts?
>
> I think you should arrange to suppress that output.

+1

> I didn't spot any other problems on a quick read-through.

-bool        log_checkpoints = false;
+bool        log_checkpoints = true;

It's better to initialize the global variable Log_autovacuum_min_duration
with 600000 like the above change?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center

От: gkokolatos@pm.me
Сообщение: Re: Teach pg_receivewal to use lz4 compression