Re: Strange results when casting string to double

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Strange results when casting string to double
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/16/22 05:27, Carsten Klein wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm using several (now unsupported) PostgreSQL 9.3.24 servers on
> different (ancient) Ubuntu 14.04 LTS machines. On only one of those
> servers, I get strange/wrong results when converting a string into a
> double value:
>

> Has anyone an idea of what's going on here? I know, this version is far
> from still being supported, however, there's not much real changes in
> file float.c between these versions (in other words, this may happen
> with recent versions as well?). The database instances on all servers
> are configured quite the same (more or less).

What is the more or less for the problem server?

Are the hardware(CPU) architectures the same for all the servers?

If not how does the problem server differ?

Was Postgres installed from the same source/same way on all the server?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com