Re: AT TIME ZONE

От Shahbaz Javeed
Тема Re: AT TIME ZONE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Folks,

I wonder whether this TODO item also covers cases such as inserting
into a table where one field is time in the local timezone and the
other is time in GMT.  Not sure if such a thing is desirable or even
possible (in the SQL standard).  The syntax I'm imagining feels pretty
awkward.

I guess the select syntax would allow storing gmt in both fields but
extracting one as local and the other as gmt.

Shahbaz

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:46:23 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > TODO entry?
>
> * Merge hardwired timezone names with the TZ database; allow either kind
>   everywhere a TZ name is currently taken
> * allow customization of the known set of TZ names (generalize the
>   present australian_timezones hack)
>
> I'm not sure whether we already have an entry for the latter.

Shahbaz Javeed