Re: [Proposal] Add foreign-server health checks infrastructure

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: [Proposal] Add foreign-server health checks infrastructure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2024/07/24 20:40, Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu) wrote:
> Attached patches contain above fixes and comment improvements per request from GPT-4o.

Thanks for updating the patches!

I’ve created a new base patch and split the v42-0001 patch into two parts
to implement the feature and improvements step by step. After pushing these
patches, I’ll focus on the v42-0002 patch next.

I’ve attached the three patches.

v43-0001:
This new patch enhances documentation for postgres_fdw_get_connections()
output columns. The output columns were documented in text format,
which is manageable for the current two columns. However, upcoming patches
will add new columns, making text descriptions less readable.
This patch updates the documentation to use a table format,
making it easier for users to understand each output column.

v43-0002:
This patch adds the "used_in_xact" column to postgres_fdw_get_connections().
It separates this change from the original v42-0001 patch for clarity.

v43-0003
This patch adds the "closed" column to postgres_fdw_get_connections().

I’ve also made several code improvements, for example adding a typedef for
pgfdwVersion to simplify its usage, and updated typedefs.list.

+enum pgfdwVersion
+{
+    PGFDW_V1_0 = 0,
+    PGFDW_V1_2,