Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering

От Gaetano Mendola
Тема Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Tatsuo,
>

>>Yes. However it would be pretty easy to modify pgpool so that it could
>>cope with Slony-I. I.e.
>>
>>1) pgpool does the load balance and sends query to Slony-I's slave and
>>   master if the query is SELECT.
>>
>>2) pgpool sends query only to the master if the query is other than
>>   SELECT.

Don't you think that this is unsafe ?

SELECT foo(id), id
FROM bar;

where foo have side effect.

Is pgpool able to detect it and perform this select on the master ?

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

От: "Rodrigo Moreno"
Сообщение: RES: RES: Degradation of postgres 7.4.5 on FreeBSD/CygWin