Vacuum strategy for a frequently rebooted system?

От Ron Mayer
Тема Vacuum strategy for a frequently rebooted system?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I have a very frequently rebooted system (salesguys' laptops), with
a fairly high insert/delete activity (few hundred thousand rows
during a demo).

Anything I should keep in mind in setting up vacuum scripts for
such a system? For example...

... does it matter if I vacuum at startup or at shutdown?  I
     seem to remember an earlier version wanted me to vacuum
     at startup; but don't know if this is still true?

... would the autovacuum stuff with a nice vacuum_delay
     setting work well in this case?

anything else I should watch for?