Tables with autovacuum_enabled=false stillgetting vacuumed

От Francisco Reyes
Тема Tables with autovacuum_enabled=false stillgetting vacuumed
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Is there a way to see the status of autovacuum_enabled for a table?

The reason I am asking is because I am seeing tables getting vacuumed which
I had set autovacuum_enabled to false. The autovacuum was already running
when I set the setting for a large number of tables.

If I had 5 tables

and I set autovacuum_enabled to false to all tables when autovacuum was in
the middle of autovacuum.. say on table c, should the last two tables d and
e be autovacuumed?

Postgresql 8.4.4 on CentOS, installed from RPM.

I see a case, BUG #3898, and a comment by Tom Lane
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2008-01/msg00222.php

In that post by Tom Lane he mentions "anti-wraparound vacuum" and a
pg_autovacuum table. From pg_stat_activity I see the comment "to prevent
wrap around". How can I prevent those too for selected tables? I have
lots of tables which are never going to be updated and are going through
that process. Said tables were freshly restored from another DB. Don't even
understand why they are getting the vacuum. Is pg_autovacuum still available
in 8.4.4? Don't see in \dS and can not select from it.