Re: 10K vs 15k rpm for analytics

От Francisco Reyes
Тема Re: 10K vs 15k rpm for analytics
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Yeb Havinga writes:

> controllers. Also, I am not sure if it is wise to put the WAL on the
> same logical disk as the indexes,

If I only have two controllers would it then be better to put WAL on the
first along with all the data and the indexes on the external? Specially
since the external enclosure will have 15K rpm vs 10K rpm in the internal.

> thread (unwise to mix random and sequential io and also the wal has
> demands when it comes to write cache).

Thanks for pointing that out.
With any luck I will actually be able to do some tests for the new hardware.
The curernt one I literaly did a few hours stress test and had to put in
production right away.

Сообщение: Re: 10K vs 15k rpm for analytics
Сообщение: Re: 10K vs 15k rpm for analytics