Re: 10K vs 15k rpm for analytics

От Francisco Reyes
Тема Re: 10K vs 15k rpm for analytics
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Scott Marlowe writes:

> While 16x15k older drives doing 500Meg seems only a little slow, the
> 24x10k drives getting only 400MB/s seems way slow.  I'd expect a
> RAID-10 of those to read at somewhere in or just past the gig per

Talked to the vendor. The likely issue is the card. They used a single card
with an expander and the card also has an external enclosure through an
exterrnal port.

They have some ideas which they are going to test and report back.. since we
are in the process of getting 2 more machines from them.

They believe that by splitting the internal drives into one controller and
the external into a second controller that performance should go up. They
will report back some numbers. Will post them to the list when I get the
info.