Re: 10K vs 15k rpm for analytics

От Francisco Reyes
Тема Re: 10K vs 15k rpm for analytics
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Scott Marlowe writes:

> Have you tried short stroking the drives to see how they compare then?
>  Or is the reduced primary storage not a valid path here?

No, have not tried it. By the time I got the machine we needed it in
production so could not test anything.

When the 2 new machines come I  should hopefully have time to try a few
strategies, including RAID0, to see what is the best setup for our needs.

> RAID-10 of those to read at somewhere in or just past the gig per
> second range with a fast pcie (x8 or x16 or so) controller.

Thanks for the info. Contacted the vendor to see what pcie speed is the
controller connected to, specially since we are considering getting 2 more
machines from them.

> drives equals the 24 10k drives you're looking at now.  I can write at
> about 300 to 350 Megs a second on a slower Areca 12xx series
> controller and 8 2TB Western Digital Green drives, which aren't even

How about read spead?

Сообщение: Re: 10K vs 15k rpm for analytics
Сообщение: Re: 10K vs 15k rpm for analytics