Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies

От Francisco Reyes
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies  ("D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy@druid.net>)
Список pgsql-performance
Campbell, Lance writes:

> 3) I suggested JavaScript because most people that get started with
> PostgreSQL will go to the web in order to find out about issues relating

Why not c?
It could then go into contrib.
Anyways.. language is likely the least important issue..
As someone mentioned.. once the formulas are worked out it can be done in a
few languages.. as people desire..

> How much memory will be available to PostgreSQL?
> How many connections will be made to PostgreSQL?

Will this be a dedicated Postgresql server?
Will there be mostly reads or will there also be significant amount of
writes?

Are you on a RAID system or do you have several disks over which you would
like to run postgresql on?

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies