Re: Delete with subquery deleting all records

От Francisco Reyes
Тема Re: Delete with subquery deleting all records
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Joris Dobbelsteen writes:

> Hint: LEFT JOIN is your mistake...

The use of left join in general.. or my left join?
When I do the left join by itself I verified manually and it had the data I
wanted.

> Thought: are you sure you are going to delete those rows? In there cases
> human verification is usually the way to go, though it takes a lot of
> time.

If I can't not find a way to do this through SQL I will write a program.
The time to try and clean this by hand would be countless hours. There are a
lot of records in the child table that do not have a matching record in the
parent table.