Command line export or copy utility?

От Francisco Reyes
Тема Command line export or copy utility?
Дата
Re: Command line export or copy utility?  (Brent Wood <b.wood@niwa.co.nz>)
Re: Command line export or copy utility?  (Reece Hart <reece@harts.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Does anyone know of any export or copy utility that runs on FreeBSD?
I basically need a program that will connect to one database, do a select
and copy the result to a second database.

Alternatively a tool which would export the data in a format suitable to
be loaded by psql is just fine.

Found some windows utilities that pretty much do what I need, but I need a
utility that would run from a FreeBSD machine since the machines where the
data will be getting moved are both FreeBSD and at a data center.

I am about to write a program for this in python, but if anyone knows of a
utility would be great.

I will be doing queries like:
select  * from source table where <condition is true>

I found pgexport
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgexport/projdisplay.php, but it did not
support the where clause and an email to the author bounced which I guess
means he may no longer support the program. If the program wasn't in perl I
wouldn't mind fixing it up. :-)