Re: Vacuums on large busy databases

От Francisco Reyes
Тема Re: Vacuums on large busy databases
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Dave Cramer writes:

> What is effective_cache set to ?

Default of 1000. Was just reading about this parameter.
Will try increasing it to 8192 (8192 * 8K = 64MB)

> why not just let  autovac do it's thing ?

Have been playing with decresing the autovac values. With 100GB+ tables even
1% in autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor is going to be 1GB.

Right now trying:
autovacuum_vacuum_threshold = 50000
autovacuum_analyze_threshold = 100000
autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor = 0.05
autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor = 0.1

Initially I had tried autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor = 0.2 and that was not
enough. Had to end up bumping fsm_pages several times. After I started to do
the 3 daily vacuums they are holding steady.. perhaps I will try only 1
vacuum now that I decreased the threshold to 0.05

I would be curious what others have in their autovacuum parameters for
100GB+ databases

Сообщение: Re: Vacuums on large busy databases
Сообщение: Re: Vacuums on large busy databases