Re: Superuser lost access to particular database

От Francisco Reyes
Тема Re: Superuser lost access to particular database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane writes:

> Define "freezes".  What happens exactly

doing pg_dump <db> |tee <outfile>
Shows nothing. This database is not very big so I would expect it to be done
quickly. I tried a couple of other databases and they did the pg_dump
without problems.

>is the pg_dump or its  backend consuming CPU, or just sitting?

At 90% of my CPU.

> What do ps and pg_stat_activity
> and pg_locks show that it's doing?

To make sure it was not a locking issue I did pg_ctl restart.. checked that
there were no locks or pretty much anything going on.. and then tried again.

> (I'm speculating in particular that someone is holding an exclusive lock
> on one of the tables to be dumped --- if so pg_locks would tell the tale.)

Doing it with a freshly restarted postgresql.

I have loggin set log_min_messages = info and log_statement = 'all'.
Right after I start the pg_dump there is a flury of activity, which I am
putting at http://public.natserv.net/pg_dump_log.txt, but very quickly it
stops producing any output to the log.

I left it for about 10 minutes and nothing was showing to the log.