Re: comp.databases.postgresql.* groups and RFD

От Gary L.Burnore
Тема Re: comp.databases.postgresql.* groups and RFD
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 26 Nov 2004 22:09:41 GMT, Woodchuck Bill <bwr607@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Woodchuck Bill <bwr607@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.chinet.com> wrote in
>> news:pIOdndYMRqGJ7DrcRVn- 2w@newedgenetworks.com:
>>
>>> Are these meant to be worldwide Usenet groups
>>> or newsgroups local to your server?
>>
>> Supernews is already carrying all 29 of the new groups in the pgsql.*
>> hierarchy. That alone makes them "worldwide groups", as SN is a major
>> peer to other severs.
>>

>I just realized what a bad name pgsql.* is for a hierarchy. If someone
>wants to look for a newgroup for PostgreSQL, he will type that word/string
>into his newsreader and it will not bring up any of these newsgroups.

Newbies would, yeah. but pgsql is a common reference to it.

--
gburnore@databasix dot com
                  How you look depends on where you go.
                                      |  ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
DataBasix                             |  ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
                                      |  ÝÛ³ 3 4 1 4 2  ݳ޳ 6 9 0 6 9 ÝÛ³
Black Helicopter Repair Svcs Division |     Official Proof of Purchase
      Want one?  GET one!   http://signup.databasix.com

От: Woodchuck Bill
Сообщение: Re: comp.databases.postgresql.* groups and RFD
От: Konstantin Danilov
Сообщение: ...