Re: Upcoming Changes to News Server ...

От Marc G. Fournier From"@svr1.postgresql.org:
Тема Re: Upcoming Changes to News Server ...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
gburnore@databasix.com ("Gary L. Burnore") writes:

>It appears that his aliiasing hasn't actually taken effect yet. Once it
>does, apparently things will be slightly better because he's then sending
>posts to pgsql.* not comp.databases.postgres.* .    As of a short while
>ago, we were still receiving articles from the list.  Now they show up in
>our unwanted.log file as groups we refuse to carry.  (The same thing google
>did).

of course, as those that know how to run a news server have already pointed
out to you on news.groups, the reason why you are receiving posts to the
comp.* groups still is most likely a result of propogation issues from other
news server, or other news servers that have users posting to those groups ...

... but, like with all your other postings, you like to avoid the facts and
deal with your own personal version of reality instead ...

>So now you'll have less places passing your posts along to the next NSP.
>Less propigation.  I know of at least two, DataBasix and Google.  I'm sure
>there are more.

Of course, that avoids the fact that the groups were *always* bogus but
you created them anyway, without twisting your arm, I might add ... but,
that's okay, again, that goes back to your view of reality vs the rest
of the worlds ...

See, the way I see it, you created the groups because there was traffic in
them, the same as every other site out there did that is carrying them, since
there never was a cmsg sent out to create them ...