Re: RFD: comp.databases.postgresql.*

От Gary L. Burnore
Тема Re: RFD: comp.databases.postgresql.*
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 22 Nov 2004 19:44:10 GMT, Woodchuck Bill <bwr607@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>kmorgan@spamcop.net (Kathy Morgan) wrote in
>
>> I think the reality of Usenet is that servers which currently carry the
>> bogus group c.d.p.general are unlikely to remove it even if a valid
>> group c.d.p. were created and messages from the mailing list
>> c.d.p.general re-directed to c.d.p.  People using those servers would
>> see both the c.d.p. and c.d.p.general traffic, Google would continue to
>> carry the bogus group, and discussion would remain splintered.
>>
>> Since there are already servers including Google that carry the group
>> with the .general node, if a new valid group is created it should carry
>> the .general name.
>
>Google has just blocked posting access to *all* of the PostgreSQL groups.
>If you look at the Google Groups interface for each group, it says "This
>group is no longer archived". They probably started receiving complaints
>that the groups were not Big-8 sanctioned and decided to pull them. Way to
>go, Google.

It looks like the best solution to the problem of a list owner who
refuses to correct the problem.

>I'm sure they would reinstate any of the groups that pass a
>CFV.

No doubt.
--
gburnore@databasix dot com
                  How you look depends on where you go.
                                      |  ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
DataBasix                             |  ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
                                      |  ÝÛ³ 3 4 1 4 2  ݳ޳ 6 9 0 6 9 ÝÛ³
Black Helicopter Repair Svcs Division |     Official Proof of Purchase
      Want one?  GET one!   http://signup.databasix.com

От: "Gary L. Burnore"
Сообщение: Re: RFD: comp.databases.postgresql.*
От: "Gary L. Burnore"
Сообщение: Re: Rogue cmsg (was Google (was RFD: comp.databases.postgresql.*))