Re: RFD: comp.databases.postgresql.*

От Gary L. Burnore
Тема Re: RFD: comp.databases.postgresql.*
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 22 Nov 2004 10:15:01 +0000, Patrick May <pjm@spe.com> wrote:

>ru.igarashi@usask.ca writes:
>> However, note that in the c.d.oracle hierarchy's structure the
>> general group is called c.d.oracle.misc, and that parallels
>> c.d.p.general.  There's really not much reason to rename
>> c.d.p.general to c.d.p if mimicking existing hierarchies is the main
>> argument.  Sure, I don't like the .misc or the .general tags, but
>> they are in place already, so I don't see a strong enough argument
>> for c.d.postgresql (with no 4th node).
>
>     I'd agree if the assumption were that the other PostgreSQL
>mailing lists were to be eventually de-bogused, but that is the
>assumption I'm challenging (without, currently, a strong bias either
>way -- I'm looking to be convinced).  I would be interested in reading
>a PostgreSQL newsgroup, but I'm not inclined to subscribe to the
>mailing lists (banal reasons available on request).  I suspect that I
>am not alone in this demographic.  Given that the existing bogus
>groups indicate an interest, why not start with just
>comp.databases.postgresql and see what happens?  I suspect that much
>of the general discussion will move from the mailing lists, leaving
>that venue for the active developers.
>
>> >     Given the relative number of users, it would surprise me to
>> > find that more people are discussing PostreSQL than Oracle.  What
>> > kind of message volumes do the lists see?
>>
>> I'm seeing that the .general group gets about 20 messages a day,
>> which is pretty good.  The other proposed groups get something like
>> 5 per day.
>
>     Thanks for the numbers.  This volume suggests to me that a single
>newsgroup will be sufficient.  I read several groups with higher
>volume and no need to split.

Well it would be if all of the lists were then sent to one group, but
since the list "owner" appears to not want to change anything, it'll
still be screwed.
--
gburnore@databasix dot com
                  How you look depends on where you go.
                                      |  ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
DataBasix                             |  ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
                                      |  ÝÛ³ 3 4 1 4 2  ݳ޳ 6 9 0 6 9 ÝÛ³
Black Helicopter Repair Svcs Division |     Official Proof of Purchase
      Want one?  GET one!   http://signup.databasix.com

От: phil campaigne
Сообщение: null value of type java.sql.Time
От: "Gary L. Burnore"
Сообщение: Re: RFD: comp.databases.postgresql.*