Re: PostGreSQL to Access Updatable recordset

От Sim Zacks
Тема Re: PostGreSQL to Access Updatable recordset
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank you for your response, however that is not what I am trying to do.
I would like to be able to add records and modify data directly in the form.
What I was trying to do was grab an ADO recordset and attach it to the form,
which works fine, but then the data is not updatable.

I found a MS article which states that before Access 2002 ADO recordsets for
ODBC sources could not be updated.
Linked tables works for updating, and while I didn't want to use them, I am
using those for the forms that need to be updateable and dynamic recordsets
for the ones that don't.

Sim

""Goutam Paruchuri"" <gparuchuri@oneil.com> wrote in message
> Try this,
>
> Set conn = New ADODB.Connection
> Conn.open "DNS=SAP_PG;uid=postgres"
> Set rsE = Conn.Execute(updateSQL)
>
> Where updateSQL is your update statement.
> Check permissions for updates/write for the user you are connecting.
>
> - Goutam

use only by the person(s) or organization listed in the address. If you have
received this communication in error, please contact the sender at O'Neil &
Associates, Inc., immediately. Any copying, dissemination, or distribution
of this communication, other than by the intended recipient, is strictly
prohibited.

От: Michael Fuhr
Сообщение: Re: table configuration tweak for performance gain.
От: bhk@dsl.co.uk (Brian {Hamilton Kelly})
Сообщение: Re: I spoke with Marc from the postgresql mailing list.