Re: Problem with curval

От Sim Zacks
Тема Re: Problem with curval
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
I am using something similar to the following code in Access to get the
currval:
        conn.Execute ("Insert into Shipments(...) values(...)")
        rs.Open "select currval('shipments_shipmentid_seq') as shipmentid;",
conn, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly
where rs is my ADODB.RecordSet and conn is an ADODB.Connection

In your case it looks like you're trying to build a function to mimic the
MySQL last_insert_id function.
You should not be using a loop. You only want one value.
your code should look like:

create or replace function last_insert_id(varchar,varchar ) returns integer
  as
'
 declare
 intable alias for $1;
 incolumn alias for $2;
 myvalue integer;
begin
    select  currval('''' ''  || intable || ''_'' || incolumn || ''_seq'''')
into myvalue;
    return myvalue;
end
'
 language plpgsql;

Your SQL code to retrieve it wsould be simply "select
last_insert_id(var1,var2)"