Re: Dropping a temporary view?

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: Dropping a temporary view?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 3/20/24 10:51, Celia McInnis wrote:
> The view is being used in some web query software that multiple people
> will be accessing and the contents of the view depend on what the
> person is querying, so I think that temporary views or tables are a
> good idea. I change to non-temporary views or tables (in a test
> version of the software which is not web-crawl-able) when I'm trying
> to debug things, and I guess I have to be careful to clean those up
> when I switch back to the temporary tables/views.

Are multiple people seeing the same dataset, or is each getting their
own data albeit of the same structure?  What mechanism populates the
web-page?  I ask because I think you might not need to make database
structures at all.

От: Christophe Pettus
Сообщение: Re: Dropping a temporary view?
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Dropping a temporary view?