Re: [PERFORM] Speeding up JSON + TSQUERY + GIN

От Sven R. Kunze
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Speeding up JSON + TSQUERY + GIN
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 27.02.2017 19:22, Jeff Janes wrote:
If by 'permanently', you mean even when you intentionally break things, then no.  You will always be able to intentionally break things.  There is on-going discussion of an auto-prewarm feature.  But that doesn't yet exist; and once it does, a super user will always be able to break it.

Presumably you have a use-case in mind other than intentional sabotage of your caches by root.  But, what is it?  If you reboot the server frequently, maybe you can just throw 'select pg_prewarm...' into an init script?

I didn't express myself well enough. pg_prewarm doesn't help to speed up those queries at all.

Looking at these numbers, I wonder why it takes ~5 secs to answer?

Best,
Sven

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Speeding up JSON + TSQUERY + GIN
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Speeding up JSON + TSQUERY + GIN