Re: Should we put command options in alphabetical order in the doc?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Should we put command options in alphabetical order in the doc?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 19.04.23 01:30, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
>> I'd be interested to know if you could tell me if SKIP_LOCKED has more
>> importance than INDEX_CLEANUP, for example. If you can, it would seem
>> like trying to say apples are more important than oranges, or
>> vice-versa.
>
> I don't accept your premise that the only thing that matters (or the
> most important thing) is adherence to some unambiguous and consistent
> order.

My thinking is, if I want to look up FREEZE on the VACUUM man page, I
would welcome some easily identifiable way of locating it.  At that
point, I don't know whether FREEZE is important or what kind of option
it is.  For reference material, easy lookup should be a priority.  For a
narrative chapter on VACUUM, you can introduce the options in any other
suitable order.

Сообщение: Re: Should we put command options in alphabetical order in the doc?
Сообщение: Re: Should we put command options in alphabetical order in the doc?