Re: psqlODBC text length with no records

От Barry Bell
Тема Re: psqlODBC text length with no records
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
None of the below information helps because we are taking the output cursor
From the postgrest sql,  putting it into a VFP grid and displaying to the user.

With theB0(Max varchar)=254 setting, Postgres for lengths 1-254 returns a "char"
  In vfp, when displayed to the user in a  grid, the value of field is shown

With theB0(Max varchar)=254 setting, Postgres for lengths=0 or null returns a "Memo"
  In vfp, when displayed to the user in a grid, "Memo" is shown in the field instead of the value

With theB0(Max varchar)=254 setting, Postgres for length over 256 returns a "Memo"
  In vfp, when displayed to the user in a grid, "Memo" is shown in the field instead of the value
We only have some code after the sql that sorts the cursor and VFP is unable to sort on the MEMO fields.

Our issue is when Postgres is returning a fireld with 0 or null length,
The driver is not using the B0(Max varchar) setting.

Barry Bell
Senior Developer/Analyst
Logistics
Harte Hanks
1525 NW 3rd ST
Deerfield Beach FL, 33442
954-429-3771 Ext 267 office
954-281-1464 fax

hartehanks.com / linkedin / twitter / facebook