Re: How to view the activity of postgresql

От richard@xentu.com
Тема Re: How to view the activity of postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On 2016-04-28 13:50, Keith wrote:
> On Apr 28, 2016 2:42 AM, <richard@xentu.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 2016-04-28 07:18, Wei Shan wrote:
>>>
>>> you can try pgbadger.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/dalibo/pgbadger [1] [3]

> tool.

> file
> display

> for

>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Ang Wei Shan
>>>

>> Thanks Ang,
>>
>> As far as I can see, this is a postmortum analysis of the log files.
> I want to somehow see the statements as they get received by the
> server, as if I were tailing the log file.
>>
>> Regards
>> Richard
>>

>> --
>
> Check out pg_activity
>
> https://github.com/julmon/pg_activity [4]
>
> Keith

Thanks Keith,

Have you actually got pg_activity working? I gave up trying to install
it on xp, but have done so on my Ubuntu machine, but when I try to
connect to a remote postgresql server, I get an error:

$ pg_activity -U postgres -h myserver.com
FATAL: password authentication failed for user "postgres"

I'm offered no opportunity to enter the postgres user's password and
there seems to be no command line option to supply it.

 From this location, I can certainly connect to the remote server as
postgres, in fact I've got pgAdmin installed on this machine that is set
up to do just that.

workstation:
   Ubuntu 14.04
   pg_activity 1.1.1