Re: [GENERAL] [pgadmin-hackers] file permission on ssl key

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] [pgadmin-hackers] file permission on ssl key
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/23/2017 07:42 PM, Ashesh Vashi wrote:
> Hi Jeroen,
>
> This is pgAdmin hackers list.
> Please send mail to pgsql-general@postgresql.org
> related queries.
>
> --
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Ashesh Vashi
> EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
> <http://www.enterprisedb.com>
>

> /http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi/
>

> On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 11:25 PM, Jeroen Jacobs
> <jeroen.jacobs@headincloud.be <mailto:jeroen.jacobs@headincloud.be>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I'm getting this error when I try to configure ssl with postgres:

What version of Postgres?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/release-9-6.html

"Allow the server's SSL key file to have group read access if it is
owned by root (Christoph Berg)

Formerly, we insisted the key file be owned by the user running the
PostgreSQL server, but that is inconvenient on some systems (such as
Debian) that are configured to manage certificates centrally. Therefore,
allow the case where the key file is owned by root and has group read
access. It is up to the operating system administrator to ensure that
the group does not include any untrusted users.
"

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com