Re: [HACKERS] Logical Replication WIP

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Logical Replication WIP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/3/17 5:23 PM, Petr Jelinek wrote:
> I got this remark about IsCatalogClass() from Andres offline as well,
> but it's not true, it only checks for FirstNormalObjectId for objects in
> pg_catalog and toast schemas, not anywhere else.

I see your statement is correct, but I'm not sure the overall behavior
is sensible.  Either we consider the information_schema tables to be
catalog tables, and then IsCatalogClass() should be changed, or we
consider then non-catalog tables, and then we should let them be in
publications.  I don't think having a third category of
sometimes-catalog tables is desirable.

Currently, they clearly behave like non-catalog tables, since you can
just drop and recreate them freely, so I would choose the second option.It might be worth changing that, but it doesn't
haveto be the job of

this patch set.