Re: Logical Replication - improve error message while adding tables to the publication in check_publication_add_relation

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: Logical Replication - improve error message while adding tables to the publication in check_publication_add_relation
Дата
Ответ на Re: Logical Replication - improve error message while adding tables to the publication in check_publication_add_relation  (Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se>)
Ответы Re: Logical Replication - improve error message while adding tables to the publication in check_publication_add_relation  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 12, 2021, at 9:41 AM, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> On 4 Nov 2021, at 05:24, Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 6:21 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>>
>>> On 26 Jul 2021, at 09:33, Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> PSA v7.
>>
>> This patch no longer applies on top of HEAD, please submit a rebased version.

> Here's a rebased v8 patch. Please review it.

This improves the user experience by increasing the granularity of error
reporting, and maps well with the precedent set in 81d5995b4.  I'm marking this
Ready for Committer and will go ahead and apply this unless there are
objections.
Shouldn't we modify errdetail_relkind_not_supported() to include relpersistence
as a 2nd parameter and move those messages to it? I experiment this idea with
the attached patch. The idea is to provide a unique function that reports
accurate detail messages.

--
Euler Taveira

Вложения