embedded pgsql media-failure

От Kokas Zsolt
Тема embedded pgsql media-failure
Дата
Re: embedded pgsql media-failure  (Sam Mason <sam@samason.me.uk>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

I'd need some advice.
I'm working on a quite special field, I have to set up an embedded DB,
which will store logs (measured values) and gives configuration to the
machine and alsothis configuration can be changed.
The system will consist of a CF card (with wear leveling) and an Intel
atom CPU. The config data and the measured values together will take
up around 2-3000 rows + a couple of ten thousand rows.
The businees's side wants to make it as secure as it is possible,
meaning, that the CF card will have two partitions, and the DB should
be mirrored or distributed somehow on this two partiton, in case of a
one-point disk-error the system should stay stable.
Even though I've never used them, but as I see is, that "standard"
replication like Slony, Heartbeat+DRBD or Postgres-R are not really
able to cope with such kind of setup. Maybe I got something wrong :)
So my problem is: without a network, on one single CF card with two
partitions and only one CPU and only one server running how can it be
managed to protect the data part against media-failure.

 Thanks for your help!
Kokas Zsolt

Save a tree...please only print this e-mail if it is genuinely required.