Re: Upgrading PostgreSQL under Windows

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Upgrading PostgreSQL under Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/pgupgrade.html

>> We are using PostgreSQL database for confluence application.
>>
>> While running Step 9 , there is command to set path with postgres user. As per installation of postgres database  ,
wehaven’t created “postgres” user on windows.

>> When we ran pg_upgrade.exe we are getting below error
>
> You need to specify the user used for migration with the appropriate command line option, for instance "-U
postgres".
> Othewise pg_upgrade will try to connect with your OS username, which obviously won't work.
>
> Since you can't specify a password in pg_upgrade's command, you will also need to provide authentication informations
ina pgpass.conf file as per https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/libpq-pgpass.html

I typically set the connection method to "trust" in both pg_hba.conf files before starting pg_upgrade.

От: "Arnaud L."
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading PostgreSQL under Windows