Re: Trouble Upgrading Postgres

От Ron
Тема Re: Trouble Upgrading Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/05/2018 11:06 AM, Charles Martin wrote:
Ron said:

>We were expecting the output of the "SHOW SHARED_BUFFERS;" command.

Ok, the result from that command is:

1GB
>The system has only 4GB of RAM. I read that a reasonable swap size is 1/4 of RAM, so I've created a swap file of 1GB.
>Times have changed...  (I'd have made a 4GB swap file.)

I have a spare drive that is 230G, so I have enough space. I suppose I can set swapoff, delete the swapfile, create a new 4G one, and set swapon. Or is there a better way?

Linux already knows about the 1GB file; just add a 3GB swap file on the 230GB drive.

Сообщение: Re: Trouble Upgrading Postgres
Сообщение: Re: Trouble Upgrading Postgres