Re: how to get latest pgadmin for kubuntu

От Vic Simkus
Тема Re: how to get latest pgadmin for kubuntu
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Building pgadmin really is as simple as "./configure ; make ; make install", but you will need to install a couple of development packagers.  Namely 'wx2.6-headers' and 'libpq-dev'.  I don't remember if wxWindows is part of the default Ubunto distro, but if it's not you'll also need ' libwxgtk2.6-0'.  All of these are available via the Synaptic package manager.

On 9/8/06, Andrus <eetasoft@online.ee > wrote:
>>I installed pgadmin using kubuntu package manager.
>>This installs pgadmin 1.2.2
>>How to install latest pgadmin in kubuntu ?

>I ended up having to compile it from source as the pre-compiled packages
>are a bit >behind the times.  It's really not that hard as Ubuntu comes
>with almost all the >prerequisites.  You might have to install the dev
>versions of pg stuff and wxWindows.

Can you create a .deb package for install ?
or Is there some step by step installations for doing this in kubuntu ?

Andrus.

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

--
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin