Re: Best COPY Performance

От Worky Workerson
Тема Re: Best COPY Performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> I'm guessing the high bursts are checkpoints.  Can you check your log
> files for pg and see if you are getting warnings about checkpoint
> frequency?   You can get some mileage here by increasing wal files.

Nope, nothing in the log.  I have set:
 wal_buffers=128
 checkpoint_segments=128
 checkpoint_timeout=3000
which I thought was rather generous.  Perhaps I should set it even
higher for the loads?

> Have you determined that pg is not swapping?  try upping maintenance_work_mem.

maintenance_work_mem = 524288 ... should I increase it even more?
Doesn't look like pg is swapping ...

> What exactly is your architecture?  is your database server direct
> attached to the san? if so, 2gb/4gb fc?  what san?  have you bonnie++
> the san?  basically, you can measure iowait to see if pg is waiting on
> your disks.

I'm currently running bonnie++ with the defaults ... should I change
the execution to better mimic Postgres' behavior?

RHEL 4.3 x86_64
HP DL585, 4 Dual Core Opteron 885s
  16 GB RAM
  2x300GB 10K SCSI320, RAID10
HP MSA1000 SAN direct connected via single 2GB Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop
  10x300GB 10K SCSI320, RAID10